Intro to group riding
This group is for new riders who want to learn how to ride with clipless pedals and become comfortable riding in traffic and with other cyclists in a group. Class size is limited to 12 participants and all types of bikes are permitted for this class. For safety reasons electric bikes are not permitted.
By the end of the six weeks you will have the skills, knowledge, and confidenceto join any group ride or participate in an organized training workout on the road.
Week #1: clipless pedals – this session is mandatory unless you are already comfortable with this skill
Week #2: braking safely, bike handling skills, hand signals
Week: #3: climbing and gearing
Week #4: descending and cornering
Week #5: group riding etiquette and pace lines
Week: #6: putting it all together
Why choose Kits Energy?
We offer a unique club experience and training program that includes the following:
- over 12 years of experience transforming new riders into experienced and confident cyclists
- mid week group workouts with the same riders each week
- guaranteed to be training with participants at a similar fitness level and riding experience (Kits Energy reserves the right to move riders if they register for the wrong group)
- small group sizes (minimum of 5, maximum of 12)
- the same NCCP certified Coach who knows you, your goals, your injuries, and riding ability
- weekly newsletters full of tips and information to guide you on this new adventure
- opportunity to move into more advanced levels each season
- free socks from Endur
- opportunity to purchase Kits Energy exclusive cycling kit
- club discounts at Speed Theory Vancouver