The Advanced group has been designed to build on the skills and fitness level of experienced riders with a minimum of 3 years cycling experience.
The main focus of this group is on building strength and power. This is a fast paced group where each participant is expected to follow a training program throughout the spring and summer. For safety reasons Kits Energy reserves the right to move participants between groups if necessary.
Where do we meet for our sessions?
Every session will have a different start location in the Kitsilano or UBC area. You will receive the exact location for each workout at the beginning of each month.
How long are the sessions?
Riders are expected to be warmed up and ready to train by 6:20 so you can start your workout by 6:30pm sharp. Each session will finish between 7:30 and 8pm.
What do you get for your registration?
- 22 coached workouts from a highly qualified NCCP certified cycling Coach (Facundo also won the 2015 RBC Whistler GranFondo)
- a Power Meter is not necessary but is beneficial for these workouts
- 5 month basic training program which will prepare you for both a mid and late season event
- weekly newsletters full of training tips and cycling knowledge
- opportunity to purchase an exclusive Kits Energy Cycling kit
- free Kits Energy cycling socks from CODE
- free water bottle from Speed Theory
- club discounts at Speed Theory Vancouver
- social events including a Kick Off Party
Do we ride in the rain?
Due to the fact that we live in a rainforest we may modify the workout for safety reasons but club rides are never cancelled unless there is thunder and lightening.