The main focus of the Advanced groups is building strength and power for highly skilled and experienced riders.
Throughout the season, riders in both Advanced groups are expected to maintain the fitness required to ride in this group. If you are not following a training program you will quickly get left behind. For safety reasons Kits Energy reserves the right to move participants between groups if necessary.
Where do we meet for our sessions?
Every session will have a different start location in the UBC area. You will receive the exact location for each workout at the beginning of each month.
How long are the sessions?
Riders are expected to be warmed up and ready to train by 6:20 so you can start your workout by 6:30 pm sharp. Each session will finish between 7:45 and 8 pm.
What do you get for your registration?
- 22 coached workouts with the same riders each week who are at a similar fitness level
- the same highly qualified NCCP Certified Cycling Coach for the season (Coach Facundo: winner of the 2015 RBC Whistler Gran Fondo)
- A 5-month basic training program which will prepare you for both a mid and late-season event
- weekly newsletters full of training tips and cycling knowledge
- monthly socials
- opportunity to purchase an exclusive Kits Energy Cycling kit
- free Kits Energy jersey from Jakroo
- club discounts at Speed Theory
- social events including a Kick-Off and Season End Event at RYU if COVID-19 restrictions allow
- note: a Power Meter is not necessary but is beneficial for these workouts
Do we ride in the rain?
Because we live in a rainforest, we may modify the workout for safety reasons but club rides are never canceled unless there are thunder, lightning, or severely poor air quality.