The main focus of the Advanced groups is on building strength and power for highly skilled and experienced riders.
Throughout the season, riders in both Advanced groups are expected to maintain the fitness required to ride in this group. If you are not following a training program you will quickly get left behind. For safety reasons Kits Energy reserves the right to move participants between groups if necessary.
Where do we meet for our sessions?
Every session will have a different start location in the Kitsilano or UBC area. You will receive the exact location for each workout at the beginning of each month.
How long are the sessions?
Riders are expected to be warmed up and ready to train by 6:20 so you can start your workout by 6:30pm sharp. Each session will finish between 7:30 and 8pm.
What do you get for your registration?
- 22 coached workouts from a highly qualified NCCP Certified Cycling Coach (Coach Facundo: winner of the 2015 RBC Whistler Gran Fondo)
- a Power Meter is not necessary but is beneficial for these workouts
- 5 month basic training program which will prepare you for both a mid and late season event
- weekly newsletters full of training tips and cycling knowledge
- opportunity to purchase an exclusive Kits Energy Cycling kit
- free Kits Energy cycling socks from Endur
- free water bottle from Speed Theory
- club discounts at Speed Theory Vancouver
- social events including a Kick Off and Season End Event
Do we ride in the rain?
Due to the fact that we live in a rainforest we may modify the workout for safety reasons but club rides are never cancelled unless there is thunder and lightening.