The Intermediate cycling group is for returning Kits Energy riders and new riders with at least a few years of group riding experience. All Intermediate riders must be on a road bike with slick tires.
You may register for any of the three Intermediate groups, depending on your speed, fitness, and group riding experience. If you are unsure, please email Kristina. Please note that once the season begins, if you or your Coach feel that you have chosen the wrong group you will have the opportunity to move to a more appropriate group.
Intermediate #1 on Tuesday
This group is the slowest of the Intermediate groups but it is NOT a beginner program. Each workout will continue to build on technique, strength, and speed so you must have some prior riding experience. However, if you are still a bit nervous around other riders, this is a good group for you as you are not required to ride in close proximity to each other.
Intermediate #2 on Wednesday
This is a faster group than Int #1. In addition, everyone in this group must be comfortable riding in a paceline and in close proximity to one another.
Intermediate #3 on Thursday
This group should be able to hold a pace of 27-30k + and be comfortable training in small groups in close proximity to each other. Good bike handling skills and group riding skills are a must.
What do you get for your registration?
- 22 coached training sessions with the same riders each week, who are also at your same experience and fitness level
- the same highly qualified NCCP Certified Cycling Coach every week
- weekly newsletters full of training tips and cycling knowledge
- 5-month training program preparing you for a July and September event
- free Kits Energy cycling socks from Endur
- club discounts at Speed Theory Vancouver
- social events including a Kick-Off at RYU and Season End Party
- mid-season club ride up Mt Seymour
- monthly social events
- lots of riding friends to choose from
Where do we meet for our sessions?
Every session will have a different starting location, all in the Kitsilano or UBC area. You will receive the exact location for each workout at the beginning of each month.
How long are the sessions?
As each session starts promptly at 6:30 pm. You are expected to arrive, already warmed up by 6:20 pm. The workouts will finish between 7:30 and 7:45 pm.
Do we ride in the rain?
Due to the fact that we live in a rainforest, we may modify the workout for safety reasons but club rides are never canceled unless there is thunder and lightning or severe air quality warnings.