The Intermediate cycling group is for returning Kits Energy riders and new riders with at least a few years of group riding experience.
For 2017, you can register for any of the 3 Intermediate groups but priority will be given to returning Kits Energy riders. Please note that you can not switch groups after you have registered without requesting a change through your coach and Kristina.
The Intermediate #1 group will meet on Wednesdays. The pace of this group is for riders who are comfortable riding long distances at a maximum speed of 23km/hr.
The Intermediate #2 and #3 groups should both be comfortable riding at 25-27km/hr for long rides (3+hrs) and will both meet on Thursdays.
What do you get for your registration?
- 22 coached workouts from a highly qualified NCCP certified cycling Coach
- 5 month training program which will prepare you for both a mid and late season event
- weekly newsletters full of training tips and cycling knowledge
- opportunity to purchase an exclusive Kits Energy Cycling kit
- free Kits Energy cycling socks from CODE
- free water bottle from Speed Theory
- club discounts at Speed Theory Vancouver
- social events including a Kick Off Party
Each participant is expected to follow the training program with the intention of completing at least one cycling event during the season.
Where do we meet for our sessions?
Every session will have a different starting location, all in the Kitsilano or UBC area. You will receive the exact location for each workout at the beginning of each month and will receive a weekly email as a reminder.
How long are the sessions?
Each session starts promptly at 6:30pm and will finish between 7:30 and 7:45pm.
Do we ride in the rain?
Due to the fact that we live in a rainforest we may modify the workout for safety reasons but club rides are never cancelled unless there is thunder and lightening.